Elementary PrincipalGrade Level:
Kinder - 6thPrimary Purpose:
Provide direct academic support services to identified students. Work cooperatively with instructional personnel to provide leadership, support, classroom modeling, coaching, and staff development to teachers in related subjects-area. Work with students individually and in small groups, bringing them up to grade-level reading and/or math standards.Special Knowledge/Skills:
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction assigned grades or subject
- Knowledge of intervention instructional strategies and best practices
- Ability to instruct students and manage behavior
- Ability to interact positively with students, parents, and educators
- Ability to analyze data to provide intervention support to at-risk students
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assess and identify children at risk.
- Provide direct instruction to students who are eligible for services.
- Provide interventions for at-risk students.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies. Differentiate instruction individually and within a small group.
- Design and implement specific strategies to promote intellectual, social, and physical growth in all identified intervention students.
- Communicate individual student progress regularly with appropriate school personnel and parents.
- Provide professional development to teachers who work with at-risk students.
- Provide coaching to teachers to assist students in Tier II and III instruction.