8. Recommend policies to improve program.
9. Ensure that programs are cost-effective and funds are managed wisely.
10. Compile budgets and cost estimates based on documented program needs.
11. Coordinate fundraising activities and manage funds.
12. Maintain current inventory of all fixed assets within department.
13. Oversee process of cleaning, repairing, and storing all band equipment.Instruction
14. Develop and implement plans for instrumental music program and assigned courses and show written evidence of preparation as required by the campus administration.
15. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual student differences.
16. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
17. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
18. Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
19. Create an environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
20. Apply and enforce student discipline in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
21. Accompany and supervise students on out-of-town trips.
22. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.Communication
23. Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
24. Maintain professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
25. Maintain confidentiality.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent district and occasional statewide travel; prolonged and irregular hours; outdoor and indoor work; exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather.