Reports to: Principal
and Athletic Director
Primary Responsibilities for Coaching & Instruction:
-Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in
the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential
for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students
to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
-Provide instruction and coach students to develop skills
and ability to excel in assigned sport(s). Contribute to education program as a
whole and to growth of students involved in athletics.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Athletic Program Management:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district's curriculum program.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other member of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
performance criteria under the direction of the athletic director for
competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a
regular basis. Model performance criteria and physical movements required for
successful student performance of sport.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect
student athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Work with athletic director to schedule
competitions and plan season activities including practices, special events,
- Coordinate with transportation department for
travel arrangements to out-of-town events.
- Be certified or within one year obtain the
required CDL School Bus Drivers Certification in order to transport students to
- Ensure compliance with all UIL rules.
- Monitor and enforce student eligibility
criteria for extracurricular participation.
and coordinate a continuing evaluation of coaching program and make changes
based on findings.
and supervise student athletes during athletic competitions in assigned sports
both at-home and on out-of-town trips.
and advise students on NCAA regulations with regard to academic requirements
for scholarships and recruiting practices.
and enforce student discipline during athletic contests, practice sessions, and
while on trips off school property in accordance with Student Code of Conduct
and student handbook.
- Encourage, by example and through instruction,
sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of athletic participation.
Establish and maintain open communication by
conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers