Principal and Athletic DirectorPrimary Responsibilities for Coaching & Instruction:
-Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in
the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential
for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students
to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
-Provide instruction and coach students to develop skills
and ability to excel in assigned sport(s). Contribute to education program as a
whole and to growth of students involved in athletics.Instruction:
Athletic Program Management:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the
requirements of district's curriculum program.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use
results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to
modify curricula as needed for special education students according to
guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other member of staff to determine
instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district
performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities
initially and on a regular basis. Model performance criteria and physical
movements required for successful student performance of sport.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect
student athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
with athletic director to schedule competitions and plan season activities
including practices, special events, and tournaments.
with transportation department for travel arrangements to out-of-town events.
- Be certified or within one year obtain the required CDL School Bus Drivers Certification in order to transport students to events.
- Ensure compliance with all UIL rules.
- Monitor and enforce student eligibility
criteria for extracurricular participation.
and coordinate a continuing evaluation of coaching program and make changes
based on findings.
and supervise student athletes during athletic competitions in assigned sports
both at-home and on out-of-town trips.
and advise students on NCAA regulations with regard to academic requirements
for scholarships and recruiting practices.
and enforce student discipline during athletic contests, practice sessions, and
while on trips off school property in accordance with Student Code of Conduct
and student handbook.
- Encourage, by example and through instruction,
sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of athletic participation.
maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals,